In the hospitality industry, the first impression is crucial. The receptionist of a company plays a key role and serves as the business’s calling card. When you enter a hotel, you typically head to the reception desk first, and that’s where you have your initial interaction. But what are the benefits of a professional receptionist? In this blog, we’ll tell you more about it and explain why hiring a professional receptionist is the right choice.
The benefits of a professional receptionist: A positive first impression
A receptionist is the one who has the first point of contact with the guests and welcomes them with a smile and a friendly attitude. By giving guests a warm welcome, you create a positive first impression right away. This is invaluable because the initial moments of interaction set the tone for the entire stay. A welcoming and professional receptionist certainly contributes to the image of a company.
A professional receptionist is a star in communication
Effective communication is essential in a business environment, and a professional receptionist excels in this aspect. He/she communicates clearly and courteously, both in person and over the phone. This helps create a positive interaction with customers, suppliers, and internal employees. Good communication contributes to building trust and a strong reputation for the company. As the first point of contact in a hotel, the receptionist plays a crucial role in conveying the organization’s image, values, and professionalism to guests and partners.
Why professional communication matters
There are several reasons why professional communication is crucial for a receptionist:
- First Impression: The initial interaction a visitor has with a receptionist often forms the basis for the overall impression of the company. A friendly and professional welcome creates a positive first impression and sets the tone for further interaction.
- Company Representation: A receptionist serves as a representative of the company. How he or she communicates directly reflects the values, culture, and professionalism of the organization. Professional communication enhances the trust of visitors and customers in the company.
- Clear Information: A receptionist should be able to convey information clearly and accurately. Whether it’s forwarding phone calls, providing company information, or answering questions, professional communication ensures that information is understood correctly.
- Customer Satisfaction: Customers appreciate being treated in a friendly and respectful manner. Professional communication ensures that customers feel heard and valued, contributing to a positive customer experience and potential repeat business.
- Conflict Management: Sometimes conflicts or challenging situations may arise. A receptionist with professional communication skills can effectively address such situations, listen empathetically, and provide constructive solutions.
Hire a professional receptionist via We Are Key
Do you want to hire a professional receptionist? Then We Are Key is here to assist you. We act as intermediaries between hospitality staff and hospitality industry in Amsterdam. Our team consists of experienced professionals from the hospitality industry. We understand better than anyone else what you as an employer need and are happy to brainstorm with you.